TollgatesRye, East Sussex
About this listing
A beautiful character family holiday home, located just a short 15 minute walk to the centre of Rye, East Sussex.
Tollgates is a large, detached, oak beamed, family friendly holiday home dating back in parts to 1850 but with all the modern day comforts we have come to expect from todays holiday rentals. The perfect cottage for friends or extended family gatherings and all within minutes of the town centre of historic Rye. Behind Tollgates are fields and countryside with unobstructed views.
You enter the property into the kitchen, large and modern with ample space for all the guests to sit at the at the oak farmhouse table. Off the hallway you have a children’s TV snug, a downstairs shower room, the main lounge with open fire & french doors opening onto the patio. Off the lounge is a large conservatory with further seating and a large dining table and chairs if you wish to dine more formally. French doors lead to the garden and patio.
The garden wraps around the house and is mainly laid to lawn with established flower beds. There is a table tennis table and a children’s wooden Wendy House for guests use. There is an outside dining table and chairs on the patio just outside the conservatory and a Weber BBQ.
Stairs lead up to the five bedrooms, you have one single bedroom with a 4ft bed, two twin bedrooms with 3ft beds and two double bedrooms, one with ensuite bathroom. There is a family bathroom on this floor too and in one of the twin rooms there is an additional handbasin.
Outside there is parking for at least 4 cars on the gravel drive.
For the tennis lovers amongst you, you are a five minute walk from Rye Lawn Tennis Club and for those interested in golf, Rye Golf Club is a ten minute drive away.
- 5 bedrooms - 2 double bedrooms, 2 twins room and one single bedroom
- One travel cot and highchair
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Krups Expresso Coffee machine with milk frother (guests must bring their own capsules)
- Open fire place in the lounge
- 3 bathrooms
- Enclosed garden
- Weber BBQ
- Parking for 4 vehicles
2 nights minimum stay
Automatic discounts for 3 or more nights. Just enter your dates
- Guests: 9
- Beds: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Type: House
- Bed linen and towels
- Ensuite (see description)
- Washing Machine
- Tumble dryer
- Washing line
- TV with DVD x2
- Freesat TV
- CD player radio hi-fi bluetooth
- Hair dryer
- Cot (no bedding)
- High chair (not suitable for small babies)
- Large garden
- Free parking on site
- Open fireplace
- Oven and hob
- A full size table tennis table in the garden for guest use
- A children's Wendy House in the garden for guest use
- GUESTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE HOT TUB
- NO PETS ALLOWED
- Please be careful when exiting the driveway on to the road as it is difficult to see oncoming traffic
- No smoking