BluebellsBeckley, East Sussex, United Kingdom
About this listing
Bluebells sits at the end of a long narrow, quiet, country lane in the village of Beckley and is the perfect family retreat.
Bluebells is an annexe of the large family home called Heron Lea, set in a beautiful 45 acres of woodland, fishing lakes and meadows. The apartment has been finished to a very high standard, a mix of antiques, soft furnishing and the owner's own unique Italian flair. The rooms all run off the main hallway, two double bedrooms, one with ensuite shower room, the other next door to the family bathroom. A separate modern kitchen and an orangery dining room opens off of the kitchen. The wow factor is the large lounge with bi-folding doors opening on to the terrace and view, perfect for star gazing with the telescope at night time, due to lack of light pollution.You have your own private garden, large gated meadow, for family games of football or bug hunting and access to the woodlands and fishing lakes. There will be details in the apartment, showing you how to link up with the national footpaths, that cross their land and other much needed local information.
There is the option of sleeping 2 extra guests on a sofa bed in the lounge, this does incur an additional £100 charge.
Although the property does not allow pets, they do have their own kennels close to the property, where you could book your dogs in and then take them out for the day and return at the end, if you really can't bear to be on holiday without them. Bluebells is a spacious family holiday apartment, where you can truly unwind, watch the buzzards float on the air currents above the meadows or sit beside the lake and just listen to the wind in the trees, you really will not want to leave.
- Lounge with freeview TV, Wifi and bi-folding doors onto the terrace
- Fully fitted kitchen with washer/dryer and dishwasher
- Orangery dining room with french doors opening on to the garden
- Family bathroom with bath, shower, heated towel rail, shaver point, wash basin and WC
- One double bedroom with TV
- One double bedroom with TV and an ensuite shower room
- Large garden and access to the 45 private acres and the lower stocked fishing lake ( please bring your own rods and bait and do not fish from the top lake).
- Parking for two vehicles
Short breaks are available from 2 nights
Automatic discounts for 3 or more nights. Just enter the dates
7 nights from £470 (low season)
Arrival time 15:00 Departure time 10:00
- Guests: 4 + 2 (sofa bed in lounge)
- Beds: 2 Doubles
- Bathrooms: 2
- Type: Apartment
- Hair dryer
- Washing machine
- Parking on premises
- An additional 2 adults or children can sleep in the living area on sofa beds
- The extra charge for this is £100
- No smoking
We had a wonderful time at Bluebells with our 10 month old baby who loved crawling around the place! Maria was just the loveliest host and couldn't have been more kind or helpful. I don't think we've ever stayed in a cleaner place, and everything had been thought of. Such a beautiful location and perfect for exploring Rye and surrounding areas. We would return in a heartbeat
Lovely comfortable space, with very friendly hosts - would love to go back in better weather and make more use of the outdoor space, a very relaxing place to get away from it all